- Signing party on November 2 at Patina Collections in Bellevue, WA.
- An "Ab-Fab" (Absolutely Fabulous) Ad in the November/December issue of ForeWord Magazine; the primary readership of ForeWord Magazine is librarians.
- "Franca's Story" displayed at the ForeWord Magazine booth at the Frankfurt, Germany, Book Expo on October 18-21.
- Two local book clubs joined together to read "Franca's Story" and asked Diane and Franca to speak to their combined selves on October 18. The event was not open to the public, but Diane and Franca were thrilled to do it.
- Banner ad in Shelf-Awareness online newsletter; the primary readership of Shelf-Awareness is 4,500 bookstores nationwide.
- "Franca's Story" reviewed in Mercer Island Reporter, October 5, 2005, under heading "Books Launched."
- "Franca's Story" mentioned in the ForeWord Magazine On-Line newsletter issue of September 28, 2005.
- Included in the September 30, 2005 issue of Port Gamble Publishing newsletter by Margaret Doyle (author of "The Fisherman's Quilt").
- Book signing at a Heifer.org fundraiser on September 25. A percentage of the proceeds was donated to Heifer.org.
- Book signing at Bob's Beach Books in Lincoln City, Oregon, on September 17.
- KOMO-1000 news radio interview, which played on August 26, 2005. Here is a quick exerpt in mp3 format (1 MB).
- "Being in Seattle" TV show, August 23, 2005, 18-minute segment on SCAN-TV.
- Book signing at Island Books, Mercer Island, WA, July 22, 2005. See photos of the event.
- Albany Democrat-Herald article, July 3, 2005 ("Albany native pens history of survivor").
- Mercer Island Reporter article, June 22, 2005 ("Islander's book tells of World War II horrors").
|Franca Mercati Martin with KOMO-1000's Sue Romero